Toys and simple devices are often used to introduce switches because they are highly motivating and educational. Watching a child operate a toy using a battery adapter and a switch can help establish whether they understand cause and effect: that is, they know that the switch press causes the device to operate. Moving toys are also good for group work; the child can press to send the toy to a friend.
Professionally manufactured for durability with a 1/8” monoplug for connecting switches to battery operated devices. Battery Device Adapters can be used to connect switches to any off-the-shelf battery-operated devices that require AA, C, or D batteries.
Take control in these easy steps:
- Open the battery compartment
- Place the copper disk of the Battery Device Adapter between a battery and the contact in the toy or appliance
- Use a Notching File to make a notch in the battery compartment cover where the Battery Device Adapter wire exits when closed
- Be sure that the Battery Device Adapter wire exits the compartment through the notch, and close the battery compartment
- Plug a switch into your Switch Latch and Timer or directly to the Battery Device Adapter
- Turn on the device. It’s now switch-adapted!
Battery-operated devices can be activated without the Switch Latch and Timer, but only in the direct mode of control.