Do you have emotions that are sometimes frightening or difficult to deal with? Then travel to Strumbie Island with Billy where you can explore and join in the fun! The Strumbies are a secretive, generally good-natured race of people. Due to their small size however, they can only have one feeling at a time and are often named after their strongest feeling. How will Billy get along with Dol, Mimi, Stomp, Brag, Patience, Cheeri, Grump, Misty and the others? Come watch and join in!
Strumbie Island CD-ROM and book support and encourage the development of emotional literacy in young children. This resource helps with recognizing, understanding, and appropriately expressing emotions and behavior. It also contains many accessibility options for flexible and individual preferences, including options for switch users and the ability to record your own commentary and sing along with the Strumbie Song.
- Interactive games and activities including Meet the Characters, Make Your Own Strumbie, Strumbie Song, and Bully's Baggage
- Accompanying storybook highlighting emotive words
- Links directly with SEAL resources (social and emotional aspects of learning)
- Complete 10 week program with teaching plans, printable worksheets, record keeping, clipart and interactive games
- Many accessibility options including latest innovative switch options
- Full range of accessibility settings for individual students
- A built-in tracking and recording feature to monitor student achievement
- Option to record and play back your own commentary and singing